LAST UPDATED: July 6, 2022
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your Personal Information (as defined below) will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and terms governing the resolution of disputes. The Company Terms of Service are hereby incorporated by reference into this Policy. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the data collection or use practices of any other user of the Services or any third party utilized in providing the Services.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services, as described in this section below. The information we collect about you and your baby that is linked to your identity is collectively referred to herein as “Personal Information”.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The Personal Information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services.
- Account Creation. When you create an account, we collect Personal Information including your first and last name, phone number, e-mail address, your delivery date or estimated delivery date, your baby’s date of birth, and information about whether your baby has been in the NICU. If you choose to provide it to us, we may also collect additional Personal Information from you such as your Clinic Code. Additionally, after you register for an account, we collect any other Personal Information that you choose to provide to us when requesting the Services, including information about your health and information about your baby’s health.
- Purchases. If you make a purchase via the Services, we will collect Personal Information that includes your name, contact information, payment information, such as your credit or debit card information (which is processed by our third party payment processor) and your billing and shipping addresses.
- Testimonials. If you choose to provide a testimonial, we will collect Personal Information that you choose to provide to us about your experience purchasing or using the Services.
Information We Collect From Other Entities. When you use the Services, we may collect information, including Personal Information, about you from third-party sources, such as business customers or other third parties. Information we collect may be combined with other information we have collected about you in order to complete requests you have made or facilitate transactions you have initiated via the Services, or for other purposes, such as marketing or promotional purposes.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your Personal Information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Additional information that we collect regarding your use of our Site includes:
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
You may choose not to provide Personal Information or prevent the Services from accessing certain features of your device, (subject to the controls offered by your device’s operating system), but this may prevent you from receiving certain features of the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you and to fulfill your orders.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To send you email marketing about our products and services.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To send you email marketing about products and services of our affiliated entities.
- To send you email marketing about products and services of other entities that we think may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users.
- For research and analytics purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty programs.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- As part of a contemplated or actual acquisition, merger or investment, sale of shares or assets, or a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including Personal Information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, including helping us provide the Services to you. These service providers include entities that host our Site and databases, provide information technology services related to our Services, including managing our information technology infrastructure, assist us in performing analytics on our Site, or otherwise support us in providing the Services to you, such as our shipping providers.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Site Users. We may share your information with other users of our Sites or Services. For example, if you post or provide a testimonial regarding your experience with the Services, the contents of your post or testimonial, as well as other information, such as your username, may be available to all visitors to our Site.
We also disclose information, including Personal Information, in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your Personal Information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We use aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information for our own business purposes, and also share such information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Our Role as a Business Associate Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
When we act as a Business Associate to a Covered Entity (such as a health plan) under HIPAA, our uses and disclosures of Personal Information are limited to the following purposes: to provide you with the Services; for proper business, management, and administration purposes; to de-identify data; for data aggregation; and to meet our legal obligations.
We may use or disclose Personal Information on behalf of, or to provide services to, Covered Entities for purposes of fulfilling our service obligations to them, if such use or disclosure of PHI is permitted or required by the Business Associate agreement and is in compliance with HIPAA.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Third-Party Websites and Links
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Residents of California
You may have heard of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), which provides certain rights to California residents in connection with their Personal Information. Our Services are not currently subject to the CCPA. However, we do provide notice and transparency about our collection and use of Personal Information as described in this Policy.
Residents of Nevada
We do not sell your Personal Information. However, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Children Under 18
Our Services are not designed for individuals under the age of 18. If we discover that an individual under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy